The Italian Association of Constructivist Psychology and Psychotherapy (AIPPC) was founded in Florence in 1997. It aims at promoting (a) activities leading to a deepening and spreading of the constructivist approach in psychology and psychotherapy, and (b) a cultural debate and exchange of experiences among people who, even though within different theoretical orientations, share this common epistemological matrix.
AIPPC is one of the Charter Members of the Federazione Italiana delle Associazioni di Psicoterapia, FIAP (Italian Federation of the Psychotherapy Associations) established in 1997 and aimed at:
- promoting a dialogue and an exchange of ideas and experiences among the associations which express the various psychotherapeutic perspectives, scientifically most acknowledged at a national and international level;
- acting for Italian psychotherapy at the European level, becoming a member of the European Association of Psychotherapy (EAP);
- proposing itself as Italian “umbrella organization” credited for the issue of the European Certificate for Psychotherapy (ECP) to the psychotherapists who, besides being registered in the lists of the respective Colleges, have acquired a training in an scientifically acknowledged approach at an international level.
In order to achieve such aims the AIPPC
- promotes and organizes meetings, congresses, symposia and conferences of national and international character;
- cooperates with other Associations and Institutions which pursue similar aims;
- has published a Newsletter from 1997 to 2006;
- makes use of a facebook profile, a LinkedIn profile, and a blog since 2012;
- edits the publication of the online journal Costruttivismi since 2014.